Who supports us:
- Financial services company American Express supports us by providing journalists in need with a free Press SOS hotline (+33 1 4777 7414) that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Insurance company April International supports RSF by providing insurance at a preferential rate to freelance reporters and photographers anywhere in the world, including problem areas.
- Advertising agency BETC creates and produces our advertising campaigns, which contribute to our impactful visual identity.
- An RSF partner of long standing, the retailer FNAC markets our 100 photos for press freedom books free of charge.
- Print management company Koryo helps us to produce our books of photos.
- The Guide du Routard publisher offers RSF space in its annually updated travel guides.
- Book distributor Interforum Editis distributes RSF’s books of photos free of charge to specialized retail outlets, bookstores, hypermarkets and online vendors.
- The legendary Magnum Photos agency has supported us by offering some of its finest photos for our 100 photos for press freedom collection.
- Newspaper and magazine retailer Maison de la Presse sells RSF’s books of photos free of charge.
- Newspaper and magazine retailer Magpress sells RSF’s books of photos free of charge.
- Public transport advertising space vendor Media Transports gives us space to promote our books of photos and our awareness-raising campaigns.
- Newspaper kiosk chain Mediakiosk provides us with advertising space to promote our books of photos and our awareness-raising campaigns.
- Bus stop advertising and billboard company JCDecaux provides us with advertising space to promote our books of photos and our awareness-raising campaigns.
- Newspaper and magazine retailer Presstalis sells RSF’s books of photos free of charge in 15,000 outlets in 20 countries.
- Newspaper, magazine, book, and convenience retail chain Relay promotes and retails RSF’s books of photos free of charge.
- The Syndicat National des Dépositaires de Presse (SNDP), an association of French newspaper and magazine retailers, supports the sale of RSF’s books of photos.
- The Union National des Diffuseurs de Presse (UNDP), an association of French newspaper and magazine retailers, supports the sale of RSF’s books of photos.
- French bank Société Générale offers an “RSF donor” credit card with which €0.05 of every payment goes to RSF.
- French TV channel TV5 Monde supports the Reporters Without Borders Press Freedom Prize.
- Public service radio broadcaster Radio France supports us and our defence of freedom of information worldwide.
- Online security company NBS System supports RSF by providing Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) that enable users to avoid censorship and surveillance.
- Online content delivery company Fastly makes its infrastructure and technology available to help us to combat online censorship.
- The Etoile Cinémas chain provides auditoriums for major events organized by RSF.
- Body armour manufacturer EnGarde provides us with bulletproof vests, which we lend to journalists who are travelling to dangerous areas for work reasons.
- Body armour supplier SafeGuard Clothing provides us with bulletproof vests, which we lend to journalists who are travelling to dangerous areas for work reasons.
- French news agency Agence France-Presse (AFP) supports us by allowing us to use its photos.
- The French daily Libération supports us in various ways, in particular by means of Artistes à la Une – Libération front pages that are turned into artworks and then auctioned for the benefit of RSF.
- The Paris auction house Millon supports us in various ways including organizing the auctioning of the Artistes à la Une artworks for the benefit of RSF.
- Cloud computing company Salesforce provides us with its customer relationship management software and the services of its personnel on a voluntary basis.
- Translation agency HTT (www.htt.fr) makes its expertise available for the translation of our 100 photos for press freedom books and other publications.
Foundations and NGOs
- The Fondation de France loyally supports our programs and helps us to develop our activities.
- A longstanding RSF partner, the EDF Foundation supports various RSF initiatives, including the publication of our books of photos and the concert we organized for our 30th anniversary.
- The Varenne Foundation supports the digital security workshops that we organize for national and regional media outlets.
- The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) supports RSF’s reporting of media freedom violations throughout the world and especially in Asia.
- The Sigrid Rausing Trust supports our transition strategy, especially the transformation of our organizational structure and the development of our programmes so that we can better respond to contemporary changes in media and information.
- The Fondation Carmignac, which defends photojournalism, supports our programmes aimed at promoting media freedom worldwide.
- The Paris-based Fondation pour les Droits Humains contributes to the RSF assistance fund for journalists and citizen-journalists who get in trouble because of their work.
- The Ford Foundation supports our transition strategy and, in particular, the overhaul of our website.
- Luminate: the organization invests in and helps scale innovative organizations to catalyze economic and social change.
Authorities, agencies and other entities
- The French Development Agency (AFD) helps us to fulfil our mandate and to carry out specific projects in countries it regards as priorities.
- The European Commission’s European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) supports journalists in difficulty by means of the ProtectDefenders.eu project.
- RSF is a member of IFEX, the Global Network Defending and Promoting Free Expression.
- The International Organization of the Francophonie (OIF) supports the publication and distribution of our Handbook for Journalists during Elections.
- UNESCO supports the publication and distribution of our Handbook for Journalists during Elections.
- The French city of Bayeux hosts the Journalists Memorial, a monument to the memory of all the journalists who have been killed in the course of their work since 1944.
- The French foreign ministry supports our work in countries it regards as priorities.
- The French defence ministry provides us with bulletproof vests, which we lend to journalists who are travelling to dangerous areas for work reasons.
- The French interior ministry provides us with bulletproof vests, which we lend to journalists who are travelling to dangerous areas for work reasons.
- The French culture ministry supports our transition strategy and in particular, by means of its Strategic Fund for Press Development, the overhaul of our websites.
- The French city of Strasbourg partners with RSF in the Council of Europe’s World Forum for Democracy, at which decision-makers and activists discuss the challenges for our democracies.
- The Council of Europe partners with RSF in a rapid reaction Internet platform for protecting threatened journalists.
- The Palais de Tokyo museum in Paris has supported RSF by hosting the Artistes à la Une exhibition.
- The Cité de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine museum in Paris has supported RSF by hosting the Artistes à la Une auction.
- The Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) supports our strategic transition and our programmes for promoting online freedom of information.
If you have an idea or a project, of if you just want information:
Contact Thibaut Bruttin at +33 1 4483 8464 or firstname.lastname@example.org